It has been a while since I did a presentation. I was rusty. A few things I observed:
- I did not become aware during the presentation. This has been a goal of mine – to be more aware throughout my day. I failed at this.
- As I was unaware most of the time, I rushed through it.
- I looked to the left a lot more than to the right.
- There were a few times where I was stuck and could not find the words. Rusty.
- I did not slow down during the opening and at the end.
- I was self-conscious during the end and didn’t pay attention to that, and address it.
All in all, I was not mindful. Next time I will add a small sign on my slides to remind myself to pay attention to what’s happening- to become the 3rd person of my presentation.
I also need to work on how I could use discomfort / unease / awkwardness as triggers to awareness.
I also wish I wrote down the questions and the names. I thought about doing so but I let the idea slip away in my mind.